Cross-Border Transfers of Personal Data
To facilitate our operations, we may transfer, store and process your personal information in jurisdictions other than where you live, including in the United States. Laws in these countries may differ from the laws applicable to your country of residence. For instance, if you are a European Economic Area (EEA) data subject and your personal information is shared with our affiliates, partners, or third-party service providers acting on our behalf outside of the EEA, then it is done so pursuant to necessary means to ensure an adequate level of protection. Servusat, LLC (and its and its affiliated entities) participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. We are committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework to the applicable Framework’s Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List at https://www.privacyshield.gov.
Servusat, LLC. is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives under each Privacy Shield Framework and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions. With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Servusat, LLC. is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
What Information Servusat Collects:
When you use our website(s), service(s), and your device(s) you may be asked to provide personal information such as:
- Name and/or business name o Home address and/or business address
- Home, business, and/or mobile telephone number
- Email address
- Product Specific: Certain device(s) or service(s) may collect additional
Information such as:
- Audio, video, and still-image recordings from your monitoring device(s)
- Geolocation and GPS information including the physical location of your device(s) by using satellite, cell phone tower, or Wi-Fi signals
- Motion detection, accelerometer activity, and climate conditions surrounding your device(s)
- Monitoring event information such as arming and disarming your device(s)
- Internet protocol (IP) addresses, internet service provider (ISP), date/time stamp, and/or other event data which is automatically collected and stored in log files
How Servusat Collects Information:
- Your personal and non-personal information is collected in various
ways in connection with our website(s), service(s), and your device(s):
• In many cases you give information directly to us. For example, you may be required to provide us personal information when:
- Registering for the service(s) or an account with us
- Activating your device(s)
- Signing up for special offers from Servusat and selected third parties
- Submitting a paper form or transmitting information to us online or via telephone
- Submitting your credit card or other payment information
- Receiving our service(s) including talking with sales representatives, service technicians, and customer service and monitoring centers (some of which may be recorded to ensure service(s) quality and to maintain an accurate record of our communications with you)
- Visiting and interacting with our website(s).
- We may also collect your information using cookies or similar technologies to analyze trends,n administer our websites, track users’ movements around our websites, and to gather demographic information about our users as a whole, for example:
Cookies: We may receive and store certain information about your browsing preferences by
using Servusat and third-party cookies. Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to customize your experience.
Web Beacons: We may collect information about your browsing activities by using web beacons. Web beacons are transparent graphic pixels that are placed on web pages that enable us or a third party to track your actions on our website(s) and deliver interest-based advertisements.
Local Stored Objects: We may store information about your browsing activities through locally stored objects by using technologies such as “Flash cookies” and HTML5 (“LSOs”). LSOs tack your actions and store information about your preferences and can be used by third party partners to deliver interest-based advertisements.
Social Media Features: Our website(s) include social media features that may collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address of the page you are visiting and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. These features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly by us.
Log Files: We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or click stream data.
Mobile: When you download and use our service(s), we may automatically collect information on the type of device yu use, operating system version, and the unique device identifier (or “UDID”). We collect your location-based information as part our service(s) to identify your location for dispatching or sharing with emergency service providers. We will only share this information with third party services for the sole purpose of providing you our service(s). You may opt-out of location-based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level. We also use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
We may combine the above information with other information we collect or receive from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, and other third parties including, but not limited to, credit reporting bureaus. We use the information collected from third party sources to determine the suitability of extending credit and for marketing purposes.
Information Use and Sharing
How Servusat Uses Your Information: We may use the personal and non-personal information you
provide us for our business purposes, including:
• Setting up your service(s) including establishing your device account and profile
• Providing your service(s) including security events
• Processing payments for your service(s)
• Contacting you regarding your service(s) and responding to your inquiries and comments
• Enhancing, improving, or modifying our website(s) and service(s)
• Developing new services
• Conducting data analysis, including fraud monitoring and prevention
• Providing marketing and promotional materials
• Customer retention, feedback, and reactivation programs
• Engaging in lead generation activities
If you submit any information to us relating to another person, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this policy. We will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
How Servusat Shares Your Information: We share your information in the following ways:
• Third Party Providers: We do not sell your information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. We may share your information with partners and service providers to provide some of our service(s) and to complete our business purposes as described above. Before we share personal information, we enter into written agreements with the business partners which contain data protection terms that safeguard your data. These companies may use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us, except as otherwise authorized by you for another purpose. We will also enable you to revoke any such authorization in a manner equivalent to that by which you provided it or by otherwise contacting us as provided below, if you no longer want us to share your personal information for such purpose.
• Legal Authorities: We may also disclose your information for legal reasons including to comply with a subpoena or court order or similar legal process, to cooperate with law enforcement, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
• Transfer in the Event of Sale or Change of Control: We may transfer your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
• Cross-Border Transfer: We may transfer, store, and/or access your information electronically or in hard copy in the United States or Canada. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. Such information is subject to the laws of the country in which it is transferred, stored, or accessed. Note: Our website(s) and service(s) may include links to third-party websites and use third party services. If you submit personal information to any third-party websites or service providers, your information is governed by their privacy policies. This policy does not address the privacy practices of any third-party websites or service providers.
Servusat collects information under the direction of its Clients, and may not have a direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. If you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our Clients.
An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to Servusat’s Client (the data controller). If requested to remove data we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client. Servusat will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How Servusat Protects Your Information: We limit access to your personal information and seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect your information. Unfortunately, no information transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us immediately using the information below.
How You Update and Access Your Information: You have the right to amend or update inaccurate or incomplete personal information, request deletion of your personal information, or request that we no longer use it. You are responsible for ensuring the information you provide when using our website(s),registering for our service(s), and registering/activating your device(s) is accurate. To access, review or update your information for accuracy, please contact us by e-mail using the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
How Servusat Retains Your Information: We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How Servusat Notifies You of Policy Changes: We may update this policy to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make material changes, we will public it on this website. We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
How to Contact Us: You can contact us about this policy by writing or emailing us at the address below:
Attn: Administration Department
P.O. Box 771417
Orlando, Fl. 32877